ARCHITECTURAL design & DRAWINGS
What we Do
- We develop Building Permit drawings for renovation, extension/addition, alterations (load-bearing wall removal, underpinning and walkout). This is as follows: We take measurements of your house, assess the existing structure, discuss with you to determine your needs and preferences, prepare the drawings for your approval, then finalize the architectural and structural drawings including the Building Code related specifications. We apply for and obtain the Building Permit for your project.
- We also create Building Permit drawings for new homes – custom homes. The process is slightly different from a renovation project, but the result is similar, we apply for and obtain the Building Permit for your home. So, what is different? We create a 3D model of the future house to render 3D views. These 3D views will help you visualizing the functionality and aesthetic of your home.
- We do Design/Build projects. The main advantages are that the proposed design is in line with the budget from day 1; and, if any changes to the drawings or construction are requested, they can be implemented quickly in-house and with control of the budget. A great benefit to the client.
- We develop drawings for zoning review and Committee of Adjustment (COA). Before applying for Building Permit, the drawings are reviewed by the City for compliance to the zoning by-laws. Sometimes, the project has minor variances which require to be approved by the COA. The minor variances are due to the site conditions – for example, by building a rear addition, the floor area of the house will go over the limit stated in the zoning by-laws. In those instances, we prepare the drawings and application to the COA, and also present the project to the COA for approval. Once the project is approved, we apply for and obtain the Building Permit for your home.
- We also create drawings for Unit Finish in Commercial Buildings. It can be an office, a restaurant, a clinic, a store, whatever your project is we can draw it.
What makes us different
- Our deep knowledge in Building Code, Engineering and Construction is reflected on all drawings and details.
- Our experience in dealing with city permits makes us outstanding in getting the Building Permits.
- Our multidisciplinary team – architecture, structural engineering and construction – is a great advantage to develop a comprehensive approach to the project.
- RIGID FRAME has successfully carried out many residential and commercial projects.
We work on Building Permit drawings for new homes, renovation, extension/addition, alterations (including load-bearing wall removal, underpinning, walkout), laneway suites, Commercial Unit Finish, low-rise buildings.
We assess, analyse and design all types of structures using wood, engineered wood, lightweight steel framing, reinforced concrete, masonry and steel.
We create the drawings, provide the documentation required for the permit application and follow up with the city/municipality to ensure optimal turnaround.
We have some of the best trades and professionals to build your project on time and within the budget.
Through our partners, we provide mechanical engineering services at competitive rates.
Our team will design your home to obtain the best functionality out of the space while making it visually appealing.
We use 3D models to create 3D views to better visualize your project – its functionality, practicality and aesthetics.
We conduct structural evaluations of building structures – Residential, Commercial and Industrial; and provide inspection reports.
Planning and Zoning
We prepare the drawings for the Committee of Adjustment (COA) and present your project for approval by the Committee.
Let us know how we can help!
Designing a new home? Renovating?
Requiring Building Permit plans or site inspection visits?
Our Structural Engineers and Architects are here to help you.